Corruption, Purification and What is Coming Upon the World

Photo by Bridget Touhey

Draw near to God, and he will draw near to you. Cleanse your hands, you sinners, and purify your hearts, you double-minded. James 4:8

God has been showing me what I can only call corruption and how it is everywhere.  We really have so little idea of how much sin and corruption is everywhere, even within our own hearts. From what we buy, to what we wear, to what we eat and drink, corruption is apparent. I came to understand that I can’t escape it short of living in a cave like a desert monk – but even then the land is corrupted – so it would still be there.  But God isn’t asking me to try to escape it on my own either. For the devil would like to use the understanding of corruption that God has shown as a tool to isolate and judge people, but God doesn’t want that. God just tells me he will purify everything and not to be afraid, to just trust Him.  The ways in which I am personally corrupt that I do not yet see, he will root out, and for me not to worry.  His power is made perfect in my weakness and He will work all of it for good of those who love him. I am about to tell you of an example of corruption that at one time in my life I thought was a good. A good of evangelization, that in reality was a corruption.

I went to a Latin Mass on January 22, 2021 to pray for the unborn and for our country.    During the homily the Priest said that we are entering very dark times, but God is pouring out grace and that all the people who are rejecting the grace means that those of us who are open to it may get overwhelmed by it.  I felt the Lord say “I am pouring it over you.”  This grace is there for those of us open enough to receive it. This grace is sanctifying.

At the consecration I had the thought that I wanted to take a picture because it was so beautiful and I like to share this beauty with all of you. A glimpse of the beauty of heaven on earth in the Mass.  But God rebuked me and said, “don’t bring your corruption into what I am doing here.”  Then he showed me all the times I took a picture at Mass and how that interrupted the union of myself with Him.  I was so super ashamed.  I started to cry.  A picture, he said, is a mere mimicry of the glory of what is happening there on the altar and instead of being immersed in it, I was actually interrupting the beauty with my own agenda. Which in turn, makes it about us, instead of about Him, who is love. The shame I had, I can’t explain.  I was just so so sorry.  I felt and feel so completely unworthy.  It was then He let me know that I am not worthy to enter under his roof, but at His Word, I am healed. Having no other recourse, I abandoned myself to His mercy.

Even writing this small story down I am overwhelmed.  While I believe there will be an illumination of conscience, I don’t believe the vast majority of us are prepared for what we will see. And whether or not this event takes place in the near future, or just at our own particular judgment, we will be greatly humbled. But this moment at Mass was also more than that.

I sat down after communion and He just said, “I am preparing you for what is coming.” And I knew that what is coming on the world will be like nothing we have ever seen. I don’t know when and I don’t know how, except that it involves purifying fire.

The Lord just said there are so few that trust Him. That what He wants for us more than anything is our salvation, and we may not understand His ways, but if we can view what is coming in His larger plan, we will be purified and glorified. TRUST.

He wants His faithful to go into the refuge of their hearts and prepare. The preparation is one of individual purging of sin in cooperation with Him, so as to abandon yourself to His will. It is a letting go of control. This abandonment to His will involves adoring the Holy Face of Jesus and bringing His Mother into your home. Mark your homes and your hearts with the Sacred and Immaculate Heart so that the darkness may Passover your home and the Lord can bring you to true peace and joy.

Then I saw another angel coming up from the east, having the seal of the living God. He called out in a loud voice to the four angels who had been given power to harm the land and the sea: “Do not harm the land or the sea or the trees until we put a seal on the foreheads of the servants of our God.” Revelation 7:2-4

About veilofveronica

I am a mother and wife as well as an RCIA and Adult Faith Formation catechist at a parish in the south. I have 3 children and a great husband.
This entry was posted in Catholic and tagged , , , , . Bookmark the permalink.

42 Responses to Corruption, Purification and What is Coming Upon the World

1. Marianne Starchville says:

I can not Thank God and you enough for your Inspired writing which opens my eyes more and more with each post.
    Surrendering yourself by sharing this and all your posts helps me in ways that are very profound.
    May you be Blessed now and Forever.
    Very Sincerely,
    Marianne
    Youngsville, NC

2. mbrandon8026 says:

Thank you very much. That confirms something that happened to me this morning.
    With time available in the last 10 months, I have been doing some Christian songwriting with another musician friend. It seems to come in fits and starts, so when I feel an inspiration I try to capture it.
    But, this morning I awoke at 5 am, and was singing this beautiful song of worship and praise to God. I wanted to get up and write it down. But, I sensed that the Lord wanted me to just keep singing it in my heart. In my spirit, I said that if I didn’t write it down I would not remember it. But, I knew He just wanted me to continue this time of worship, and not be distracted from it. I felt such love of God and from God.
    When I got up at 6 to continue my prayer time, the song was gone, and any recollection of what it was about or how it flowed, though I had a great peace from having been with Him that way.
    But, God had shown me a vision of a woman who had died a couple of days ago, and gave me indication to communicate what I saw to her relatives. It turns out that what I saw and shared was what the friend of mine had discussed with the woman who died the night before she passed away.
    Had I gotten up to write down the song, I probably would have forgotten it anyway, but the deep love I received from God, and returned to Him would have been broken, and He could not have shown me what He did.
    My takeaway from your experience and mine is to stay in the moment, bask in it, be washed in it. Savor it.
    At 70 years of age, I have so much to learn, and so much more to repent of.

God is awesome. May He Bless You abundantly.

Michael Brandon

3. John says:

Hello!
    Is there a report on the procession last weekend in Nashville?

• Hopefully I will do a write up here soon. It was beautiful…I did not take pictures 😉. But I will probably post some pictures of the relics we used and tell you about what happened that day.

4. Kathleen says:

I had a mini illumination as well. It was just one aspect of my life, and the horror of what I had chosen, versus what God’s perfect will would have been, was so intense, and the remorse was so great, that I don’t know how I would have handled the regret had I not known of God’s mercy. I remember being tempted to think, “Maybe this is from the devil. Maybe my sin isn’t that bad…..” This is I believe the danger in the illumination, that some people will refuse to believe it, that they will say, “God is the bad one, not me.” it is so important to grow and step out in our trust of God, in His goodness and mercy and love, but also in humility and awareness of our wretchedness. The whole message of St. Faustina is critical for these times.

5. Giny says:

All I can say is WOW! Powerful!

6. Louise says:

Thank you, lots to think about, as always.

7. James Ignatius McAuley says:

A jolly good morning to you , Sue on this day of John Chrysostom for the old Roman Calendar. As you know, the Lord reveals to us things slowly, and the Holy Spirit cultivates us like a tree. Over the past few months, it has been made clear to us that the time of President Trump was a time of extended grace and mercy that is now over. I am grateful for that time, as it has allowed many of us to grow in grace.

When I opened up your blog, whether on my phone or laptop, I noted that the words “corruption” and “purification” jumped out at me and all I saw of your picture, until I scrolled down, was the storm clouds. The word “volcano” went through my head. Then, when I scrolled down, the sunset came as a picture of renewal, a blessed and happy renewal in the aftermath.

I have received prodding from the Holy Spirit and the Lord on my prayer life, and one was to start saying again Lauds, Vespers and Compline from the 1960 Roman Breviary. After I read your article last night I read Vespers and the following jumped out at me:

Psalm 124: “Those who trust in the Lord are like Mount Sion, he who dwells in Jerusalem shall never be moved. As the mountains surround it, so the Lord surrounds His people, from this day forth and forever, For the Lord will not leave the rod of sinners ruling over the lot of the just lest the just put forth their hands to do evil . . . But those who turn aside into crooked paths the Lords will lead away with the evildoers.

I believe the time of purification has come, as the Lord does not want the just to turn to evil.

Psalm 126: Unless the Lord build the house, in vain have its builders labored. Unless the Lord guard the city, in vain does the guard keep watch.

All of our current political solutions are Godless and anti-God, and so they will ultimately fail.

From Lauds this morning:
    Psalm 96 The Lord has reigned . . . Clouds and darkness are round Him, justice and judgment, the rule of his throne. Fire shall go before Him and burn his enemies on every side. HIs lightnings have lighted the world, the earth saw and trembled. Mountains melted like wax before the Lord, before the Lord of all of the Earth.

A description of the purification.

Psalm 145: Put not your trust in Princes, in the sons of Men in whom there is no salvation. When his breath departs, he returns to the earth and on that day all his plans perish.

All too many pinned undue hopes on Trump. I am not saying this to denigrate him, but it did lead some to a false messianism in Trump. That being said, this also applies to our current leaders.

Psalms are from the Baronius Breviary and all their rights are reserved. Quotation is under fair use and education purposes.

A further note is by reference – today also Psalms 52, 54, 56, 57, and 58 are read. They are well worth reading today in full and unredacted.

The respite of the past four years has been an opportunity for the Lord to prepare us. I am grateful and blessed for: (a) his mercy to me and others and (b) that I did not waste that time.

Thank you, Sue. God bless you and your family. Prayers for you and your family – like you I difficulty in visiting a parent (My father) who has dementia. But, I am blessed to bring my mother to adoration every Wednesday.

8. Tom Kuipers says:

Susan, yes He’s preparing us to completely Trust in Him, and to just go one moment at a time. Staying in the moment. So hard to do with the chaos all around us, but so very important. God bless!

9. Manny says:

Wow! The Lord’s words, when you were about to take a photograph, hit me like a ton of bricks. What came to mind was that technology has caused many to break the first commandment. “I am the Lord thy God, thou shalt have no other gods before me.” It’s evident that tech has become an idol. Although it’s been good for many things, we have to be honest with ourselves – It’s been an amplification of the unruly passions (If that makes sense). Peace and God bless.

10. Joe says:

Thank you for the article and for your beautiful thoughts and writings. On a different note, since you mentioned taking photos, St. Veronica is the patron saint of photographers. I say that as a retired photojournalist, whose birthday falls on the feast day of St. Veronica. Be safe and God bless.

11. Mary Anne says:

Amen

12. Jozsef L Varga says:

January 22, 2021 will go down in history as a great day of hope, bigger than Roe v. Wade on January 22, 1973. Because 01/22/1973 was a black day for the USA, however 01/22/2021 is a new dawn of hope for the entire Planet. See the UN Treaty on the Prohibition of Nuclear Weapons, this international treaty that the Vatican and ICAN worked so hard to achieve. (ICAN, International Campaign to Abolish Nuclear weapons).
    This is why Pope Francis organized an international conference at the Vatican, in 2017, to help ICAN’s initiative. And ICAN also got awarded the Peace Nobel prize in 2017. This is why Pope Francis visited Hiroshima and Nagasaki in November 2019. The UN treaty that makes it illegal to manufacture, possess, store, or threaten the use of nuclear weapons, came into existence by the “yes” votes of 122 countries, later expanded to 129 countries voting yes. The Treaty was set to become LEGALLY BINDING three months after the first 50 countries ratify it, and since the 50th country ratified the Treaty on October 22, 2020, now that 3 months passed, the Treaty has taken full legal force on January 22, 2021.
    Let’s rejoice and learn this date as well as we learned previously the date of Roe v Wade: this is a new dawn of hope for humanity, this new date is January 22, 2021, and the reason for celebration is the legally binding UN Treaty on the Prohibition of Nuclear Weapons.
    P.S. In a thoroughly corrupt world, most secular AND Catholic news agencies boycotted the whole process, they would report all sorts of gossip INSTEAD OF the Vatican’s international conference in 2017, Pope Francis’ visit to Hiroshima and Nagasaki in 2019, and now this UN Treaty on the exact anniversary date of Roe v Wade. Most Catholic media in the USA is in covert or open rebellion against the Pope’s and Vatican’s agenda of total elimination of weapons of mass destruction, including nuclear weapons.

• My understanding was almost none of those who hold nuclear power signed it. United States, China, Russia, and North Korea didn’t sign it. That wouldn’t be binding then because those powers hold the most authority. Thanks for the comment.

• Jozsef L Varga says:

Indeed, the USA, Russia, Britain, France, Israel opposed and boycotted the whole process. These countries will have much to answer for, in the front of God’s judgment seat.
      The treaty was initiated and spearheaded by two FORMER nuclear powers who voluntarily dismantled their nukes, namely South Africa and Brazil. North Korea made it clear it was willing to dismantle its nukes, on the condition that the other countries do the same. India, Pakistan, China abstained from vote, giving us a ray of hope that they could be persuaded eventually.
      But the bottom line is, the Treaty is now LEGALLY BINDING, and those countries that manufacture, possess, store, or threaten the use of nuclear weapons are now, officially, IN VIOLATION OF AN INTERNATIONAL U.N. TREATY. The USA, or Russia, do not possess any more authority on this Planet than any of the 129 other countries that voted “yes” on the abolishment of nukes. Thus, those who opposed and are still opposing the Treaty, are now in a state of disobedience to the Catholic Church, and also in violation of a legally binding international U.N. treaty.

• Thanks again for the comment. I pray for those who are in sin. I cannot think of anything more of a weapon of mass destruction than abortion. 60 million deaths, more than all other causes combined. So it doesn’t surprise me about weapons either, as long as we continue to kill our children what is left but to kill each other. Mother Teresa said that.
        This article wasn’t really about those things we cannot control, like governments and media, but about purification of your own interior which we can control.
        Either way thanks for the comment. God Bless you.

13. Catherine says:

I believe Our Lord, through Our Lady’s intercession, heard all our prayers for the 2020 presidential election. We didn’t seem to get the answer to our prayers that we wanted. Our Lord knows best and He is revealing all the corruption and dishonesty in our government here in the United States, and around the world. Our God in Heaven will have the last word. This we know. Let’s be patient, and trust in Jesus. Jesus, I trust in Thee. As recorded by St. Faustina. in her Diary.

14. Julie says:

Please pray for my young Daughter, who is in a very controlling and abusive relationship. Her boyfriend controls everything, I hardly see her and when I manage to see her, he has to be there too. We can’t do what normal mums and Daughters do. Since February 2019 it’s been a nightmare. It move to fast, he soon got a house and had her move in. This is coercive controlling at its worst. I am praying constantly that they break up and that she will come back home. And also that she returns to our Faith. I could write a book about everything that this boy has done and said. She was only 20 last November.

• I have found that when it came to bad relationships the prayer of Miraculous Trust is powerful. My relative prayed that her daughter would break up with her boyfriend and that the breakup would be clear so they would never get back together. Within the week the prayer was answered. It isn’t a “magic” prayer- it’s all about just trusting God, which is also the point of my post. Anyway, I will definitely pray for your daughter, but here’s a link to the prayer of Miraculous Trust. You only pray it once for a particular intention. You can still say other prayers for that intention but this prayer you only pray once for each intention. https://asignofhope379.com/prayer-of-miraculous-trust/

15. Marie Hemming says:

I’ve been hearing songs in my sleep also and in adoration. I heard “you’re so vain . . .” – yikes … God knows I’ve been struggling with this. I also heard Every breath you take, Every move you make, Every step you take, I’ll be watching you, Oh, can’t you see, You belong to me . . . Very telling. It’s not easy being perfect, but when God sends you a message, it helps.

16. davidc says:

“Having no other recourse, I abandoned myself to His mercy.”

I simply wanted to say that this is beautiful sentence. I love it. It’s one we should carry around with us in our hearts and minds.

17. JeanT says:

Wow! This rocked me to my core. I remember reading St. Faustina saying that “the smallest transgression will have to be accounted for. Who can stand before the thrice Holy God.” The Lord continues to reveal more areas that he wants to change in my life. It is very painful to see how much I have offended him.

In meditation one day, I was crying thinking about reviewing all my past sins. I heard in my heart “How can you be afraid of your Papa.” I don’t usually call God the Father Papa. But at that moment I climbed into his lap, put my arms around him and sobbed on His heart. I keep hearing that great love cancels sin. So my aim now is to love more. To judge less. To forgive more. To pray for my enemies. The ultimate goal is to gather souls (even those farthest away from God) and give him a relief. Jesus thirsts for souls. Let us give Him a drink!

I’ve begun studying the writings of Luisa Piccaretta, and I am blown away by them. God has an incredible plan for our future. We all will need to go through the purifying fire. My only prayer is that I never deny Him. Jesus, I trust in you!!!!

18. Frank G. says:

The Illumination of the soul has been a subject that is close to my heart, like a lot of other people
    Many people will not want to believe what has been revealed to them, I can associate that thought even with my self, once I received the gift of clarity about just one aspect of my life and I was
    greatly offended by God’s comment but I step away from self, I surveyed the comment and said God does not lie, the truth has been spoken. The responsibility now lay’s on me to make the choice of change. Truths can be a hard item to digest and this was just one item.

19. Iron crow says: