Divine Mercy, The Great Illumination of Conscience and the Mark of the Beast

Photo By Bridget Touhey

Do not damage the land or the sea or the trees until we put the seal on the foreheads of the servants of our God. Revelation 7:3

I am always hesitant to write things like what I am about to write today. I am not schooled in eschatology, nor do I pretend to be. I am simply a woman who prays and writes down my thoughts. What I am about to share, if the church came out and says it is wrong then the church is correct and I am wrong. Everything I write is for your own discernment and prayer and I submit fully to the authority of the church. What I am about to share came from a conversation where I was lamenting to God. This is not a conversation about masks. I do not seek your medical advice, I am simply sharing my thoughts and feelings. I will not allow comments through that seek to push an opinion about masks on other people who are capable of their own discernment.

I hate the masks.  I wear them because of my close proximity to my elderly parents. But I hate them. I feel as though they remove real relationship and we treat one another as lepers. I do not judge what others decide, it is between them and God and I am not here to control people.

I was speaking to the Lord about the masks and he simply said to me, “if I could show you all the harm your past words have caused and who they caused them to, you would want to wear the mask.  Though you are forgiven, you could never repair the harm that was done, that is why you need me.”  And I had a flash in my head of all the words I screamed at people in anger – and from long long ago.  One instance in particular from when I was 10 years old and spoke hurtful words to a classmate. Though I had confessed the sin and know wholeheartedly that I am forgiven, the words were already out there waiting for a demon to attach to them and carry them out. When the Lord showed me this the other day I knew I could spend all my days trying to repair – and it would never be enough.  It was like a ripple from my mouth into the lives of others that brought judgment, despair and loneliness to them.  If I didn’t know of His mercy and healing power I would have caved at the weight of it all. His mercy and healing power are my only recourse. So I handed it to Him. I trust in Him to heal it.

I decided then and there to look at these masks as reparation.  I cannot tell you how much my words have hurt others.  It made me never ever want to complain again and I am asking the Lord to hold my tongue and bring praise and joy to the world.  It is still hard though, concupiscence is deeply ingrained.

I tell you, on the day of judgment people will render an account for every careless word they speak. Matthew 12:36

And this moment brought me to the realization that there will be a great illumination of conscience. And I saw just how hard it would be for even the most faithful. When we see ourselves how we are and the ripple effect of what we have done, it will be astonishingly hard. It will be hard to accept His mercy because we will realize just how much we don’t deserve it. It may seem impossible that anyone would reject His mercy, but after this experience I know some souls will reject it as a lie because they will not be able to accept how sinful their own actions were. And either through shame and despair, or pride and envy, they will reject him.

I believe the message of Divine Mercy that was brought to us through Saint Faustina will culminate with this Illumination of Conscience. God prepared us through Saint Faustina because when we see the reality of who we are we will be profoundly ashamed. But the Lord doesn’t want that. He wants us profoundly healed. And when this illumination happens I believe in the interior of each soul he will show the image of Mercy that Saint Faustina had painted so that we will recognize His mercy and accept it. He sent a prophet to pave the way. A voice crying out in the wilderness.

Jesus I trust in you.

This illumination is not a judgment, but a gift of mercy, though it may feel like a judgment, hence why some will reject Him. This rejection is actually a blasphemy of the Holy Spirit – the unforgivable sin.

It is here that we will be marked.

He who refuses to pass through the door of My mercy must pass through the door of My justice. Dairy of Saint Faustina 1146

It is important to understand that this marking is not a thing, it is a decision; a free will’s choice. We will have the opportunity to accept or to reject mercy. Could things be used in forming our decision, yes, but a thing cannot force us to choose something against our will. If someone were to force something upon you that was evil (whether it be a tracker or vaccine or whatever you hear these days), if it is forced, your will was not involved in that. It is a decision of our own will that marks us. We get to chose how we are marked.

We will either be marked as servants of God, or marked with the beast.

After this mark the battle will rage fiercely. But because of our experience with Divine Mercy, we will know for sure the loving mercy of our God, so we can enter the battle prepared, for He does not leave His children orphaned. We will all suffer, but we will know the loving goodness of our God which will help us persevere.

I see this marking with the acceptance of Divine Mercy as the beginnings of God’s will on earth as it is in heaven. He is purifying us. This will usher in the era of the Divine Will, and I see beauty, peace and glory, much like the Apostles experienced at Pentecost.

Awe came upon everyone, and many wonders and signs were done through the apostles. Acts 2:43

When we walk in the Divine Will, true peace on earth happens. I do not think this is the end of the world but the beginning of a better one. I see joy and hope in the future. A people who rely on their God instead of themselves.

I have no idea about timelines or how it happens or what exactly happens, and though I think we should watch and pay attention and be watchers, the most important thing is our cooperative effort to allow God to purify us so that when the time comes we accept His mercy and His will and His glory fill us.

He wants us resting in the bosom of the Father. Resting in the Sacred Heart, like Mary and Joseph are. Sacred. Immaculate. Guardian. Beloved (you).

until I humble your enemies, making them a footstool under your feet. Luke 20:43

About veilofveronica

I am a mother and wife as well as an RCIA and Adult Faith Formation catechist at a parish in the south. I have 3 children and a great husband.

94 Responses to Divine Mercy, The Great Illumination of Conscience and the Mark of the Beast

1. Sally says:

I pray the Divine Mercy Chaplet every day.

‘for the sake of his sorrowful passion, have mercy on us, and on the whole world’ 🤗

2. Beth says:

Thank you. Once again your writing has given me the proper perspective when I have most needed it. It has answered my prayer and given me a path forward. God Bless you.

3. MyronM says:

An intriguing article, and an even more intriguing image of four hearts. I have never seen such arrangement – how do you interpret it?

P.S.
    When I visit the graves of my grandparents and relatives in Bialystok, I also stop by the grave of Eugeniusz Kazimirowski*, whose painting “Jesus I trust in You” you included in this post.

4. kathleen walker says:

When I was worrying about how I would handle the illumination, the Lord gave me this comforting verse: Is 60:2-3—-
    See, darkness covers the earth
    and thick darkness is over the peoples,
    but the Lord rises upon you
    and his glory appears over you.

I cling to this verse because I know how much damage my nervous, sharp tongue has done.
    Also, in regards to masks, I have been wearing a “veil” (scarf). I wrap it over my head and around my mouth and nose, similar to Muslim women, I guess. I seem to be the only one doing this, but I think of it as a way to be modest and humble, like Mary. However, I do tend to want to take it off as soon as I can, with permission from whomever I am with.

Thanks for your Spirit-filled posts. They always speak to me.
    Sincerely, Your sister in Christ, Kathleen in Emmitsburg, MD

5. lucy says:

O Yes ! Thank you dear Susan for this opportunity to reflect upon the sources of refusal or rejection of Divine Mercy. It is absolutely pivotal. No one ” in their right mind ” could fathom rejecting Divine Mercy . Right? We must think again. Think of Jonah….
    He was given 3 full days to preach Divine Mercy to Ninevah, but he only “used” ONE DAY. He was so impressed with the effects of God’s Word already actively converting all those around him, he just pulled out of town , ceased to deploy the Word, and sat alone under a tree that God had given him for shade in the scorching heat…. to pout. He thought God was just TOO merciful . Basta ! So merciful it wasn’t FAIR, in his opinion. He in fact judged God’s Mercy . Like the laborers of the last hour, God extended His Full Measure of Mercy to multitudes, graciously and gratuitously because He offered it and because they said YES ! They welcomed and accepted His Mercy, these people of Ninevah. Even including the animals (who accepted it because they have no human will) All of His Creation is meant to be under the mantle of God’s Mercy !
    Just as Our Lord says, Divine Mercy is DOOR … that means Divine Mercy is a Portal leading into a place of Refuge from Divine Justice. Or like Lot experienced, a ZOAR, a little place of safety when the Fire fell upon Sodom and Gomorrah. Good thing Lot was practically forced to find refuge in God’s Mercy, because he was ready to refuse it ! We read in Genesis 19 : 15-23, that the Holy Angels basically carried him there, into the Zoar of Divine Mercy ! And further, God told him He would not act (with Justice) until Lot had arrived safely in Zoar !!! God waits until everything is in perfect place before He Acts…
    When you go through a door you get inside somewhere. Outside the door is a different environment. Our Lord uses the Door metaphor often when He speaks. And gates. When you look at the drawing on the cover of my manuscript, you will see that the Portent of Divine Mercy IS the White Star, the bearer of the Illumination of Conscience. When we live habitually operating in a state of mind focused on Justice and Judgement (often the central temptation of the watcher/prophet) , it becomes a way of life. So that means when God extends His Visitation in a different way, a Merciful way, we can hardly recognize it ! It is HARD to welcome Mercy when you are focused on Justice ! There are so many layers to the Sign of Jonah. Our Lord said it is THE quintessential Sign we will be given, this Sign of Jonah.
    And what about us , will we go the extra 2 days to evangelize, to warn and to deliver Divine Mercy to the Ends of the Earth after our Illumination (see: Jonah , who experienced an Illumination of Conscience in the belly of the whale and came out a different man, a man who said YES to the Will of God…to an extent) ??? There is more than one reason why God is insisting that we CEASE TO JUDGE others and ourselves , so that we might develop a Culture of Mercy instead, one that is more powerful than our Culture of Justice. But like many things in the Spiritual Life, we must develop HABITUS. Good Habits become good reflexes that can override temptations during times of duress. For that too, Our Lord gave the “mantra” leading us into His Mercy: JESUS I TRUST IN YOU !!! Jesus, I trust in Your merciful goodness !
    Thank you for bringing our focus onto the Mercy of God, which is so deep and so wide we cannot even begin to fathom it, in comparison to the Spirit of the World and its impossible barriers, portals, doors and measurements. (The Bible often speaks of the weighing and measuring of Justice ) . And as for many things in life, we cannot GIVE what we do not HAVE. If we HAVE experienced and welcomed the Mercy of God in our souls, then we know how to share it with others. Welcoming the Mercy of God IS the Door.
    Bless you, precious sister…

6. Sally says:

We received this prayer, in prayer, to say regarding the masks. Confirms what you have received.
    Eternal Father, turn away Your angry gaze from our guilty people whose face has become unsightly in Your eyes. Look instead upon the Face of Your beloved Son, in Whom You are well pleased. We now offer You this Holy Face, covered with shame and disfigured by bloody bruises, in reparation for the crimes of our age, in order to appease Your anger, justly provoked against us. Because Your Divine Son, our Redeemer, has taken upon His Head all the sins of His members, that they might be spared, we now beg You, Eternal Father, to grant us mercy. Amen.
    Another priest in our diocese has been approaching it as an act of humility, which I thought was a good thing. These are difficult times. God is good that He gives us opportunities to make reparation.

7. 1Irish says:

Thank you so much!

8. MyronM says:

Veronica in the veil: “I do not think this is the end of the world but the beginning of a better one. I see joy and hope in the future.”
    Your premonition correlates with the message of the Lord Jesus, which was written by Luisa Piccarreta on January 29, 1919:
    “My beloved daughter, I want to let you know the order of my Providence. Every two thousand years I have renewed the world. In the first two thousand years I renewed it with the Deluge; in the second two thousand I renewed it with my coming upon earth when I manifested my Humanity, from which, as if from many fissures, my Divinity shone forth. The good ones and the very Saints of the following two thousand years have lived from the fruits of my Humanity and, in drops, they have enjoyed my Divinity. Now we are around the third two thousand years, and there will be a third renewal. This is the reason for the general confusion: it is nothing other than the preparation of the third renewal. If in the second renewal I manifested what my Humanity did and suffered, and very little of what my Divinity was operating, now, in this third renewal, after the earth will be purged and a great part of the current generation destroyed, I will be even more generous with creatures, and I will accomplish the renewal by manifesting what my Divinity did within my Humanity; how my Divine Will acted with my human will; how everything remaining linked within Me; how I did and redid everything, and how even each thought of each creature was redone by Me, and sealed with my Divine Volition.”

9. MyronM says:

I revolve around the theme of four hearts.
    If the Virgin Mary is the new Eve and the Lord Jesus is the new Adam, what is the relationship between them?
    If the Virgin Mary is the Mother of the Church, then who is the Father?
    [I think the answer can be found at guests at the wedding in Cana of Galilee.]
    P.S.
    Does ‘veilofveronica.blog’ have its own fiesta today, July 12th? If so, I wish God’s blessing to you and your readers! https://catholicsaints.info/saint-veronica/

• ShealTiel says:

EPHESIANS 1:23 – “The church is Christ’s body and is filled with Christ who completely fills everything.” – Reference: Holy Bible

• MyronM says:

Ephesians 1:22

Douay-Rheims Bible:
        “And he hath subjected all things under his feet, and hath made him head over all the church,”
        Aramaic Bible in Plain English:
        “And he has put everything into subjection under his feet, and he has given him who is higher than all as The Head of the church,”
        Everything that can be said about the Church can also be said about the Virgin Mary. If the Church has a Head, then the Blessed Virgin must have the same Head. Who is the Head?

• Jesus is the Head. Mary is in union with Jesus. The goal is for the God of Peace to soon put Satan under YOUR feet (Romans). The goal is for each of us to embrace Christ and then Satan gets put under our feet – Mary did this.

10. Catherine says:

Thank you. This beautiful article is much needed. It is a confirmation for me personally. I made a beautiful Confession a few days ago, thanks be to God. The Holy Spirit reminded me that I needed to bring something before the Lord in the Sacrament of Confession. It was difficult, but I did it. After prayer and reflection. I have been going to Confession for many years after having been away from the Church years ago for too many years. I have attempted to make a good Confession each time but this particular sin of anger and a very angry statement I made to someone I love had not been confessed, not because I meant to omit it, it just never came to my mind. I think now as we approach the Illumination of Conscience that the good Lord wanted me to bring it to Him in Confession so he could heal me of that sin. I believe that Our Lord is Mercy itself and that while he has forgiven us of all our sins when we ask for His forgiveness in the Sacrament of Penance, that we must make reparation for these sins. The Bible tells us so. Let us all pray that we will be ready when the Illumination of Conscience comes. And let us pray for our brothers and sisters who are far away from God at this time, that they will accept His Mercy and change their lives. We need many Holy Hours of Reparation before Jesus in the Blessed Sacrament. I recommend the wonderful book In Sinu Jesu. It has come at a time when we most need it.

11. ShealTiel says:

ROMANS 9:16 – “So then, everything depends, not on what we humans want or do,but only on God’ mercy.” – Reference: Good News Bible GNT

12. Tom Parnell says:

Wow. That hit home to my heart. Thank you!

13. ShealTiel says:

God’s “Mark” on Christian believers is the HOLY SPIRIT!!!

14. Greatly coincides with what they’re saying on http://www.countdowntothekingdom.com, God is preparing His people…

15. ShealTiel says:

SIRACH (EcclesiastiCUS) 34:13-17 – “Fear the Lord” – Reference: Good News Bible GNT (Encouraging ‘WORD’ in this Era of God’s grace and mercy.)

16. kathleen andresen says:

I am also guilty of speaking with malice…may God forgive me and help me learn to be silent, only speaking of His praises.

17. Daniel O'Connor says:

Beautiful!

• Thank you. I believe you were in seminary with my Spiritual Director. He says you’re a great man.

• charlieik says:

God bless you for your prompt reply to Dr. Mark Miravalle’s comment on Fr. Michel.
      Some people set themselves up as the only authority on spiritual matters. No one knows it all.. Dr Mark should concern himself with his promotion of the dogma of Co- Mediatrix which is not featured in any current messages to visionaries. Fr. Michel’s bishop disclaimer of his messages was as a result of the pressure to do so by the Canadian Bishops Council after a lot of complaint to the Bishops of Canada by people like Dr. Mark. .Fr Michel never claimed that his Bishop approved of his messages, He said that he tells his Bishop everything.Pray for Dr. Mark. I can smell Makata (the devil)

18. Mary says:

I love this! Your words are truth and with that comes a peace of heart in hearing them. Thank you for sharing all of this with us. I have been aware for a while about the coming of the illumination but it is always a good thing with the rising each day of the sun to hear that soon God will be upon us and we will have to account for all of our days.I too hate the mask but you have helped me,with greater acceptance, because truly I am a sinner and have much to account for. May God prepare each of us for that great and terrible day! Amen.

19. Joe says:

This, I think, is the first article I have read here. I am moved and deeply convicted. I think it is inspired. Regarding the illumination of conscience you mentioned, I feel like a mother must feel before giving birth (disclaimer – I’m a guy so claim no right to even talk this way, but I have 8 kids so I’ve seen it pretty often), dreading the struggle and pain of the new birth, but knowing there will be a glorious outcome. Thank you

20. Lori says:

Thank you for writing this, it rings true to me. And it makes me so sad; I can easily see some of my family refusing Him out of injured pride. Lord, have mercy on them and on my breaking heart; I pray every day for conversions in my family and throughout the world – for their sake and for His great glory.

21. Laurie Lucas says:

I think it is wise to say,,the masks are keeping are mouths shut!

22. Mary says:

This is beautiful. I have had thoughts similar to these but the comments re our careless speech stopped me short. I’m very guilty. Thank you for pointing out something I must correct now. God bless you.

23. Edward R Grotpeter says:

Dear Veronica
    My name is Ed. I am a Catholic Deacon. I like you a sinner. I love your writings. It’s obvious the Holy Spirit lives within you. For most of my life I have received hurtful words. By God’s grace it made me stronger. But what I want to share is a decision I made after hurting someone else. I decided to start complimenting others when I could. If I receive good service, I tell their manager. It has led to many wonderful experiences, and hopefully will help erase some of my own sins. In Jesus name. Amen Deacon Ed Grotpeter.

24. Kathleen says:

Wow, very interesting take-one I have never heard before-I need to pray on it for sure!

25. stevepeq says:

The “…harm your past words” description reminds me of the best explanation of Purgatory that I ever heard, from a Priest at my mother’s Church. I was a Catechist for 21 years, the last several for Confirmation. The concept of Purgatory is something I had difficulty explaining – we know that our sins are forgiven when confessed, but then why would the further purification be necessary? The Priest explained it using the metaphor of ripples in a pond – one’s sinful action is like throwing a rock in a pond, causing ripples to emanate beyond control. They represent the hurt that the sinful action caused to others, keeping us impure. The ability to accept this Mercy is rooted in humility over pride, to trust Jesus as St. Faustina instructed.

• Phillip Frank says:

As you suggest, for those that know the Lord it will be a time of rejoicing;

“When these things begin to take place, stand up and lift up your heads, because your redemption is drawing near.”
      Luke 21:28.

26. Patricia Wright says:

Wow! I just listened to your testimony, Susan. You are a very courageous woman. I’ve read many of your blogs before, and they are always thought provoking. This one on masks is very good-it’s a great reminder to keep our mouths shut, and also to keep our minds in check,also. I know when I go to Confession this week, I’ve got some old sins to confess. God bless you and your family. Thank you.

27. Nelda says:

I, too, believe this will all come to fruition so I fervently pray for the lost souls in our families and the world.
    Thank you for sharing this.🦋

28. George says:

A prayer… Dear Lord please excuse these cowards who hide their face from thee, as they celebrate the Mask. Man was made in the image of God, dont hide it, and we negate this as we do our naming of the sexes as boy and girl. please forgive all the cowards who wont give confession and last rites to the dying. Please forgive the bankrupt and empty churches. Let the era of Peace come quickly.

29. ANNE says:

this writing makes me weep. The Lord is so so merciful,so loving i am guilty too of hurtful words….often a reaction to the hurt of others. wounded souls wound others and so the ripples flow out Dear Lord may Your astounding Mercy flow out more abundantly each day and and may ALL souls respond now to Your Mercy availible…not wait to the culmination moment.
    we are here to Love and help each other,,,,,,not make each other miserable. Life is not a competition amongst siblings…… He LOVES ALL.

30. John says:

I find these times both alarming and strangely comforting in a way thats hard to describe..I think comforting in the belief that we are now in a mess that only God can fix..and that the illumination of conscience may soon needfully be at hand.As frightening as it may be..it’s also something we all need and quite frankly..I could use the correction and the knowledge of where to start.But something strange has happened to me without any sort of event.I have suddenly become more aware of myself..and see myself in a way that I wish I had this knowledge of myself decades ago so that I could have avoided the sinful life,pain and hurt I caused to so many people but especially to God.I often wonder..why now?Why did’nt you show me these things when I was younger and could have possibly avoided the life I lived.I have no answere.I know how bad I have been..I know how sinful I am..to the point that I feel worthless and useless.That I have been nothing but a failure and disappointment to God.I often ask..please show me what good I may have done that pleased you..that may be more shocking to me than my sins..of which I’m quite well aware of..but all I can do is just keep seeking forgiveness..trusting in His Mercy..and knowing He is in control.I am thankful that God is a patient God..a loving God..a Merciful God..slow to anger and quick to forgive.I still struggle in my relationship with God..I do look forward and hope for this day of Mercy and illumination of conscience..no matter how painful or fearful..not only for myself..but for all..especially the adults of the world who have and are failing the children miserably.Come Holy Spirit and renew the face of the earth.Only God Matters..because only God can fix the mess we made of this world.God said..if My people pray..I will heal their land.It’s time the Divine Physician steps in and heals..the churches reaction and caving in to fear of this virus has been very saddening to me.As if the church itself no longer believes the things it teaches.I pray that the church will trust more in God than man..give to Caesars what is Caesars..Give to God what it Gods..and proper worship,faith and trust is what He so rightfully deserves from us.

31. Arline says:

Have you read the book “The Warning” by Christine Watkins? Your illumination is exactly like the ones experienced by the people in the book.
    Do you have a spiritual director? I would like to speak to someone about my sister.

32. bourkebabe says:

When I asked the Lord about a priest who refused to wear a mask and was not taking all the extra precautions because he considers himself “healthy”, which was making me very upset, I got very clearly “What would a father not do to protect his children?”…I melted as the sense along with the words was like a loving hug….and now pray for the priest.

33. philip409 says:

Beautiful reflections and very much appreciated.

Not the end of the world, but an end of a era. A end of a period of time. Agreed wholeheartedly.
    Apostles of these times are among us.
    What times indeed.

Your heart at the right..or 3 o’clock position, is the Miraculous medal heart, and consecration to Jesus through Mary and St. Joseph is a prerequisite for said Apostles of these times.

Gear up, pray hard and Trust in Him whom we serve.

Thanks for the beautiful post Veil of Veronica.

34. Julia Bishop says:

Having read your inspired article, it occurred to me God had worked another little miracle in anticipation of the covid test He was going to permit in order to wake us up.
    I have made a pilgrimage to Aylesford for many years. Each year I send out Holy Mass cards remembering a good number of people throughout the year at the Shrine, and usually send a little holy story with each Mass card. The stipends contribute to the upkeep of the Shrine, so you could say figuratively speaking it is killing two birds with one stone.

For some reason in preparation for 16th July 2020, having been moved by the Holy Face of dear Jesus, I ordered 100 prayer cards and little medals of the Holy Face of Jesus to send with the cards this year. As it turns out we are not able to make the pilgrimage in 2020, and I am left with 100 prayer cards and medals which I was planning to send with Christmas cards later this year.

I had not connected the dots until reading your article, that indeed God was working all along, and the Holy Face of Jesus is one big personal wake up call to us all. Thank you for your article.

35. Sharon Holmes says:

I find your concept of the mask interesting. as it gave me food for thought. I thank God for His Divine Mercy! I recite the Divine Mercy Chaplet every day along with the Rosary.

36. Loberna Dinglasan says:

I read all the e-mails and enjoyed them and I always pray that our LORD JESUS CHRIST AND BLESSED MOTHER ALWAYS WILL BE WITH US IN EVERY WAY.
    THANK YOU.

37. Kristen says:

Thank you!! Your article helps me feel better about it all!!

38. Eleanor says:

I hate the masks, too, but I deserve it!

• MyronM says:

The faithful form the mystical body of the Church. If they come to the temple in masks covering their face it means that the visible body of the Church is dead. Because this body decomposes already, so its particles lose their sharp contours: the faces in the masks are deformed, illegible. The particles of the decaying body undergo mutual separation, which is why the faithful in the temple keep their social distance.
      You hate masks, because no one likes to see a corpse, especially if it concerns your own corpse, because you are part of the visible body of the Church! You rightly say that you deserve it because we have all sinned. In this humble acknowledgment of our own – we have deserved it – there is hope that Jesus Christ, the actual Head of the immortal Church, will choose a number of still living members from this decaying mass, the elect and bring them as a holy remnant to God’s Kingdom on earth, means the everlasting Church.

• I was speaking of masks in general not about wearing them at Mass. I have a whole other post on that.
        You could look at it as you are or you could also look at it like the seraphim from Isaiah who veiled their faces in front of the glory of God as an act of humility. But even in your analogy God will bring us to the cross – we die to self- the catechism says we will undergo a Passion just like Our Lord. This means we will rise again. And yes there is hope in Christ for those who say yes to his mercy (and have mercy on others).

39. susanbryant1 says:

40. Angela Donaldson says:

I too, hate the masks and have been pleading with God to show me if it is His will, and if so that I am able to humble myself and wear without complaint. Thank you for writing this.
    Jesus, I trust in thee!

41. Pingback: Behind the Mask… | The Joy of Penance

42. Larry Northon says:

“if I could show you all the harm your past words have caused and who they caused them to, you would want to wear the mask. Though you are forgiven, you could never repair the harm that was done, that is why you need me.” Accepting the premise that these words are indeed from the Lord (and I take no position pro or con there), they still constitute neither an endorsement nor condemnation of coercive mask mandates–much less could they be seen as a command. It is a simple “if…then” statement on its face; a neutral observation, spoken in the indicative, not imperative mood, and containing no reference to God’s own desires. There are reasons other than personal pride to justify wariness regarding the advisability of masking the general public against its will–reasons which need not be gone into, but suffice to say that I am not convinced that a desire to do well-deserved penance for one’s sins counteracts all the reservations. A more effective penance might be duct tape over one’s mouth (leaving the nose unencumbered for breathing), although that might appear too bizarre. One could always consider adopting the Muslin burqa, which is still a more comprehensive covering of the body. As a final point, I am vehemently opposed to wearing masks during mass, and will not return to mass (if the lockout is ever lifted in my area) if masks are demanded.

• Everything you said is your own discernment- which is good that you are working it out with God yourself. As I stated at the beginning I am not here to control people. People are capable of their own discernment and the Lord will judge each of us based on our own interior disposition. I also want to add that this post was not about Mass. I have addressed that in previous posts. It was about general mask wearing mandates. May God Bless you as you navigate your own decisions.

• Larry Northon says:

Thank you very much. I appreciate your reply. Just for your information, and anyone else who might wish to peruse this–here are the rules for attending newly-reopened mass at my local parish for today, July 19, 2020: http://www.st-mary-catholic-church.org/ Note that advance reservations are required, (I believe only 40 people at a time), communion on the tongue is forbidden, masks must be worn at all times except when you are giving yourself communion, and parishioners are directed to leave immediately after communion. Needless to say, I’m not going to attempt to go. I am in ill health anyway, although before all this madness I was just healthy enough to attend mass. Now the aggravation alone is enough to make me sicker than I already am. Frankly, nowadays I really wonder whether the Lord and I will ever meet again in the flesh during my lifetime on earth.

• Larry, don’t despair. If I were you I would ask a Priest to come see you if you live in a place where they can come to you. Additionally during our lock down I went to confession regularly (it was offered here) as it was the only way to receive sacramental grace. Don’t forgo sacramental grace because the leadership is derelict. Satan wants to keep you away from it – God wants to draw you into it, even if it’s hard.

43. John Timmons says:

Thank you, I really enjoyed this beautiful reflection.

• That’s definitely an interesting perspective. Often times these things can be viewed in many ways. The Seraphim masked their faces with their wings because of the glory of God. Likewise Moses masked his face as well because God’s glory in his face was too much for the people. So masking isn’t always occult. God doesn’t tend to speak in always and nevers – he looks at each individual heart. Sweeping statements like that tend to come from the enemy. This is for each individual to discern. God works all things for the good of those who love Him. I trust He will save us.

44. eccorbett says:

I loved this post. This was so beautifully written. I write my own blog – http://www.theroadoffaith.net – and just a few days ago shared my thoughts on the Illumination of Conscience. Many need uplifted to stand before God in the moment and more will need helped through it when it occurs. May Divine Mercy carry all souls through judgment.
    “Write this: before I come as the just Judge, I am coming first as the King of Mercy. Before the day of justice arrives, there will be given to people a sign in the heavens of this sort: All light in the heavens will be extinguished, and there will be great darkness over the whole earth. Then the sign of the cross will be seen in the sky, and from the openings where the hands and the feet of the Savior were nailed will come forth great lights which will light up the earth for a period of time. This will take place shortly before the last day.” Divine Mercy # 83